5 from 5 – who would have thought! I’d rebuy all of these!
- The Collet (Chablis) crémant hits the spot as always for just €8.
- The 2012 Pernand Clos Berthet was my last from 6 – all have been a great – seriously under-rated wine for the price.
- Ah – the Clos des Ursules – another 2000 that’s theoretically in no rush to consume – yet the bottle gets devoured!
- Maison Leroy Bourgogne 93. I’m drinking up my home stash of Leroy Bourgognes – such as it is – but there’s still a few 96s in storage. It was very good though not massively different to a recent 1995.
- 2005 ‘only a villages’ Camille Giroud Gevrey En Champs. With all the anecdotal references to 2015 grapes looking like those from 2005, I though a little more research was required. I ‘triaged’ these grapes, but only in inverted commas because there wasn’t much to remove. Already a wine in a great place – layered and oh-so tasty – yum!