It’s holiday time – but in part-payment for my absence, I leave you with the Spring Report. Over 280 tasting notes dotted around 15 pages. Feel free to comment and argue, but my moderatory tones will only return in a week…
spring report and a holiday to recover!
There are 2 responses to “spring report and a holiday to recover!”
Had the privilege of looking out of the window and see that panorama you are posting for 28 years in a row and this winter will no exception.
– head for Schwarzsee and Grunsee
– Ski at Rote Nase and the Back of Rothorn (get a swatch Snowpass)
– on the runs eat at Gandegg Hutte, awfully painful to get there but the best Kaseschnitte in town (no credit cards)
– apres ski at Papperla
– food the Coop not at the Migros
– Kase at Josi behind the Zermatt Ski School Building
– Trockenfleisch at Bayard Metzgerei
– restaurants: (1) Schaeferstube am Romantik Julen Hotel. Ask for Raclette a Discretion and the lamb. Do not forget the 2005 Humagne Blanc from Serge Roh (Les Ruinettes) (2) Wymperstube get the fondue and the old part of restaurant.
– Night: Pink Elephant and Hotel Post but do not get out that much…
– wine shop ? Not sure…
Thanks Filippo – shame that I receive your tips only on my return!
I agree on Schwarzsee and Grunsee, but think the mountain looks best from Riffelalp.
Went to the Schaeferstube the last time – this time it was Chez Heini – lovely lamb, but I wasn’t expecting the singing 🙂